Want to prepare
tasty and healthy dishes
for your loved ones?
You can depend on these
TRIED AND TESTED RECIPES!
I like this Mandelbrot recipe, contributed by Meryll Levine Page, because the cookies are toasted through, rather than cake-like. And while Mandlebrot literally means almond (mandel) bread (brot), the addition of chocolate to these cookies makes them tastier to today's audience.
1. In a large bowl, mix oil, sugar, and eggs.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Slowly stir dry ingredients into oil mixture. Then fold chocolate, almonds and vanilla into batter. Cover and chill dough overnight in refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Place parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets. Using oiled hands, shape the dough into 2 loaves. Sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar topping on the loaves.
5. Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and turn oven down to 250° F (120° C).
6. Slice loaves on the diagonal into 1 inch thick slices. Sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar topping on the cut side of the cookies, and return to the oven to bake at 250° F (120° C) for 1 hour.