Monica’s Chocolate Mint Brownies
My friend Monica always serves delicious food in a very aesthetic way. She served us these yummy, pareve, Chocolate Mint Brownies for Shabbat dessert, and then generously sent me the recipe when I requested.
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. mint extract
- ½ bag chocolate chips (optional)
- 100 grams margarine, softened (not melted)
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½-3/4 tsp. mint extract
- 2 tsp soy milk or water
- 100 grams margarine
- 200 grams vered hagalil bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Mix eggs and oil in a mixer.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixer slowly, without overbeating the flour.
- Bake in 9x13 inch pan for 25-30 minutes.
- For Mint Topping: Cream ingredients in a mixer. Spread over cooled brownies. Harden in freezer for an hour.
- For Chocolate Glaze Topping: Melt margarine and chocolate together in microwave (1-1.5 minutes). Pour over top of cooled brownies. Tilt pan to cover. Cut brownies before glaze hardens. Can Freeze.