Dairy Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter Chips
I found this recipe on the Internet after buying peanut butter chips on sale at the grocery store. I was surprised by the positive reactions and requests for the recipe I got after serving them for Seudah Shlishit. So I adapted the recipe to our cooking ingredients, measurements and methods and added it to our family collection. Enjoy!
150 grams unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup (200 grams) peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a 8 or 9 inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out.
- Melt the butter in a large bowl in the microwave. When the butter is completely melted, stir in the sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. The mixture will look gritty. Set aside for a few minutes to cool a bit.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition. The batter will be thick and look shiny.
- Add the flour, beating with a whisk until fully combined. Don't overmix the flour.
- Gently fold in the peanut butter chips, leaving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with remaining peanut butter chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes, using a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Cool before cutting.
- Freeze or store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.