- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar*
- 3 sticks butter or pareve margarine (12 ounces or 340 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves or canned raspberry filling
- 1 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 11x17 inch jellyroll pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, sugar and margarine until crumbly.
- Add eggs and extract.
- Stir until moist.
- Separate 1 1/2 cups of the dough and set aside.
- Press the remaining dough on to the bottom and up sides of jelly roll pan.
- Spread the preserves or filling onto the pie crust.
- Combine the reserved crumbly dough with the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle over preserves or filling. Press down lightly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool before cutting.
NOTE: 1 stick of butter or margarine equals 113.5 grams, 4 ounces or 8Tablespoons.
- Prep Time: 20 m
- Cook Time: 30 m
- Yield: 24-36 servings
- Course: Dessert
- Occasion: Shabbat
- Skill: Easy
- Special Consideration: Pareve
Want to serve a great tasting and easy to make dessert that isn't the same-old same-old? Paula Levine Weinstein and Julie Komerofsky Remer published this delicious kosher Chocolate Raspberry Bars recipe in their cookbook, Our Customers'Favorites. Enjoy!