Chef Gabi's Chocolate Walnut Cookies
As he took me on a tour of his parve bakery in the Dan Eilat hotel, head Pastry Chef Gabi Elmakeas shared this recipe for kosher Chocolate Walnut Cookies. They have a uniquely light, meringue-like texture and a delicious chocolatey-nutty taste.
Prep Time: 15 m
Cook Time: 10 m
Yield: 30-40 cookies
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 grams) sugar
- 20 ounces (550 grams) good quality chocolate
- 2.5 ounces (75 grams) margarine (or butter)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (one 13 gram package) baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups or 10 ounces (300 grams) walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups or 10 ounces (300 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Melt chocolate and margarine in the microwave or in a double boiler. Gradually a
- dd to eggs and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix flour with baking powder. Then fold into batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop 1 teaspoonfuls of dough 1 inch apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.