Buckeyes icon::print_popup not found.
My kids love these peanut butter chocolate bonbons (Buckeyes). They are easy to make, can be made in advance, pareve and sinfully delicious. However, I can't make them too often because I end up eating too many of them myself!
Prep Time: 40 m
Cook Time: 0
Yield: 8-12 servings
Occasion: Shabbat, Thanksgiving
- 1/2 cup pareve margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 400 grams powdered sugar (16 oz)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 400 grams pareve chocolate (16 oz)
- 3 Tbsp. margarine
- Combine margarine, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl; mix until smooth.
- Shape mixture into small (1 inch) balls, using damp hands. Place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Melt chocolate and margarine in a double boiled, stirring constantly until well blended. If too thick for dipping balls, add a few drops of water.
- Place a toothpick in the center of a frozen peanut butter ball and dip 3/4 of the way into the chocolate mixture.
- Return to baking sheet, chocolate side down and freeze until ready to serve. Buckeyes can be stored in the freezer up to 1 month.